Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crunch time

It has been much longer than I would have liked since my last blog. However, CRCT is in TWO weeeks! This is what my kiddos and I have worked so hard for! Needless to say it's crunch time!


Last week was spring break. I did not waste one minute of my time off. We started the break off with a trip to Cochran to see my good friend Kristen marry her best friend Charlie. The wedding was so sweet. Both Kristen and Charlie had little girls from previous relationship, and they blended a family sand figurine during the ceremony. It was so sentimental and represented the new blended life they are joining. I know they will have many years of happiness ahead.

We also worked really hard on continuing our project of relandscaping our yards. Yes, this is a rental house. No, I do not care. If I am going to live somewhere it is going to be pretty. We have completely gutted the front yard and it looks so great. Rob has even gotten quite enthusiastic about the progress and outcome. He is very anti-yard work. All of the compliments from our neighbors and random people have been a great source of motivation.

I did take one day off and go shopping in Valdosta. Ahh, retail therapy does the body and soul good! Besides the retail side of things it was just amazing spending the time with Rob. He was able to take most of the week off and we soaked up the time together.

Mama's birthday was on Friday and it was just a long day! We went for the day to Hazlehurst and spent the time with Rob's mama. It was fun! We haven't seen her since Christmas and when we were use to seeing her almost everyday, we have missed her. We helped clean up her yard some and I got some of her daylilies. I was excited. We are going to help her form a bed for part of her mother's day present. We came home and took mama out for Mexican for her birthday. Prior to two years ago I had never seen my mom drink an alcoholic drink. In the last few years she's loosened up and will have a margarita or glass of wine now and then. She was precious and I was just intoxicated. It was fun to say the least.

For mama's birthday I painted her a portrait of her sidekick, sport. I was excited as to how it turned out. Mama loved it. I still have a few final touches, but his personality is really shown in the picture. I wish I could draw and paint all the time. However, life just does not allow it. . . .

We have worked alot on the inside of our house. Moved things around, hung up pictures. It really feels and looks like home. I promise to take pictures soon.

Next stop is our garden. We have planted seeds and they are sprouted. Rob is tilling up the space tomorrow. By summer we will have all fresh produce. If you've never had a garden you do not know what you are missing. It saves tons of money and is so much healthier.

Spring break was hard in a way .... I missed all of my students. A lot of my kids come from rough homes. Therefore, I worried. Were they getting fed? Are their parents somewhat monitoring? I just missed our stories and the fun. Not the attitudes and talkingback. I love every single one of my kids so much. One of the girls I tutor asked me the other day who my favorite was. I went through and thought about it. I could not figure it out. She finally said, "Mrs. White, they're all your favorites aren't they?" And she's right. I don't know what I'll do without them this summer. We are family.

Well, SACCS and GAPS visits our school tomorrow. Therefore, I will write more after the CRCT.

Always,





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment