Wednesday, May 12, 2010

College Graduate

Keeping up with this blog is proving more difficult than I thought! But, I'm really going to try =).

On Friday, May 7 I along with 75 of my fellow education classmates graduated! It was the best feeling in the whole world knowing that chapter of my life was done. I didn't get quite as emotional until we were walking out and I realized that I wouldn't be seeing these people again on a regular basis. Thank the Lord for facebook and the knowing that most everyone is on there =). After graduation, we all went out to eat at a restaurant called Molly's. It was so much fun! So many people came, most importantly sweet Lucy and all of Rob's family. It meant so much to me to have so many amazing friends and family to support me, because without each of them I wouldn't have made it.

The last few days I've almost reached the point of WHAT NOW?! Jobs for teachers are seemingly sparse and I'm super worried I won't find one. However, I keep passing out resumes in hopes of something coming through. I start my masters on June 28th. While some might think I'm crazy, I just want all of my schooling done before my future children arrive in this world so all my attention can be on them.

I am actually attempting to plan a wedding also. However, with rob and I paying for it ourselves I am getting more and more discouraged. Therefore, I'm looking for a summer job to help foot some of the costs. We've narrowed it down to three places now to decide on one!

I've enjoyed seeing so many familiar faces on here and meeting some new ones. I just wish I had more time for this stuff =)!

Until next time,

Catherine Grace

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, graduate! I know you must be so excited. And I think going straight for your masters is smart. When Kynlee arrives I will have to take some time off (and I say that I "have" to but more than that I will WANT to) so my schooling will take a little longer than expected.
    Also-good luck with the wedding planning! That can be an added stressor for sure. What are the three places y'all have narrowed it down to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gin Creek, Quails Landing, and FBC. The price of first baptist is RIDICULOUS b/c we were doing it in december, so we are moving more towards Gin Creek on a Sunday Afternoon in November. Crossing our fingers it works! Well maybe you'll get to come help in my class room =)

    ReplyDelete